About this Policy
- Use of our websites, including mobile websites
- Visits to our store or attendance at one of our events
- Use of our applications for mobile phones, tablets or other smart devices
- Phone and email communications
- Social media interactions on our websites and other third party websites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter
- Viewing our online advertisements or emails
Information We Collect
Contact information. We may collect the names and user names of our customers and other visitors. Additionally, we may collect your purchase history, billing and shipping addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and other digital contact information. We may also collect information that you provide us about others.
Payment information. When you make a purchase we collect your payment information, including information from your credit or debit card, cheques and PayPal account or gift card.
Returns information. When you return a product to our stores or request a refund or exchange, we may collect information from you. We use the information we collect from you and to help prevent fraud. To learn more about our Returns Policy, click here.
Demographic information. We may collect information about products or services you like, reviews you submit, or where you shop. We might also collect information like your age or gender.
Other information. If you use our websites, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might track the pages you visit, look at what website you came from, or what website you visit when you leave us.
How Information is Collected We collect information directly from you.
The following are a few examples of when we collect information from you:
During website or survey registration
- In connection with an online or in-store purchase
- If you use an online forum, submit a question or answer to our Product Q & A or provide us with comments or reviews
- If you upload a photo or other digital content through one of our websites or applications
- If you rent equipment or vehicles or request warranty or other information
- If you return a product or use a rebate
- If you request we send you an electronic copy of your in-store receipt
- In connection with your interactions with us as a registered user of our websites.
We collect information from you passively. We may use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies, and web beacons.
We collect information from other sources. We may get information about you from third party business partners, like an updated address from a courier company. We may collect information about you from a friend. For example, if your friend purchases something for us to send to you.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information from this or one of our sister websites which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us via the contact us page
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at Customer Serives, Chemsol Cymru Ltd, Chemsol House, Morfa Conwy Business Park, Ffordd Sam Pari, Conwy, LL23 8HH. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.